Our wine-growers’ micro-winery
We set up Bret Brothers in early August 2001 with the aim of producing very fine terroir wines, mainly from the Mâcon wine-producing region in Southern Burgundy.
This undoubtedly ambitious objective demands a set of strict specifications, which are very important to us, namely:
- selecting small plots of old vines being worked by enthusiastic wine-growers, on very specific terroir ;
- buying-in only standing grapes (around 60% of all grapes bought are certified Organic) ;
- hand-picking of ripe grapes by our own team;
- vinification using 100% natural yeasts;
- matured and bottled in-house;
all these steps are performed with the same care, the same passion as for the grapes coming from our own La Soufrandière estate.
We are currently producing around 55,000 bottles in 20 different cuvées, from a total of around 10 ha.
Since the 2013 vintage, we have also been expanding our range with the fine wines from the Beaujolais region (Fleurie and Morgon), magical terroirs too long overlooked.